Friday, May 29, 2015

THE G'DAY!(UVCE)



THE GRADUATION DAY
Place :Jnanajyoti  Auditorium , Bangalore
Date : 15 May 2015
Time : 10.00 am


PC announced…
“Mr.NAGESH  PATIL”.
   I was Breathing heavily…..( 12.20pm)
***************************
I woke around 6.30am , actually it was my sis who woke me up. I was staying  with my akka and bhavas home  may be around a month.yes I wasn’t in hostel!
   Then I jumped from bed, thought not to be  late for this day atleast!
Yes,   Last  fest of any graduate,  It was TheG’day!  
 I  got invitation a week back..
                                                         Finally went to fresh room and later had light Breakfast and it was already 8.15 am  .
                                            Formals , yes it was compulsory… I selected the same which I wore yesterday (Went for the  campus interview (Synergy) ) ….8.30am
                                          I rushed to Attiguppe bus stand and hostel mess isabout  45 min from there…(9.15am)
                                                                  When I was about to get down from bus , I saw Veeresh (Bhai)(I told  him that i will join you tomorrow) , Thippesh(Mr. IIN) And Mahantesh(  manty) ,               they weren’t dressed up.
I rushed to mess , and asked “ what happened guys” ?
No hurry ,  don’t worry and the timings are temporary!  Bhai sang.
We will move from hostel via SAI ground and will reach the RR gate and get a bus to KBS, Mr. IIN told.   Yeah “ let us have breakfast first “, I told.(another time , yes ) and it was 9.20am
                                                           vijay, ranjith , kannan , Tn, riz .rajesh, swamy ,patel , gowda , vinu ,raju, maddy, ravi ,teja, tippa, dhotre, yama, deva ,prash ,sathish , salman ,sheik ,Imran , cheluva , mahadev, yogi ,and harsha were already had breakfast moving to the university gate to get bus for kbs.
                                                              Then we had breakfast (again i),  went to hostel, when I came here in hostel .. I got to know these idiots  didn’t have bath. 
I remember Vijay and rajesh once ask there in mess “ coming?” . I would have told yes!
And three got freshed , and bhai started iron his shirt, I thought OMG !
     
                                                        Finally we left hostel(10.15am), I calculated time , now  it is 10.15am from here to rr gate 15 min and from rr gate to kbs around 50 min.(including traffic time ) and from there to audi. It takes 20 min if we still have same enthusiasm , we may reach around  11.50am . I told “ guys we will reach around 12.00 “ and I may miss what we waited since from the day I joined here “. We may reach at lunch time.
No hurry ,  don’t worry and the timings are temporary!  Manty sang.bhai told “atleast we get lunch” . I smiled.
                                                   
We were in SAI(sports authority of India) , Mr. IIN had a piece of paper   and from that he read “ Around 18 schools got 0% in SSLC results” , for that manty  said very sad..

“it is mainly due to bad teachers “Mr. IIN continuing bhai interrupted him it is students who showed strength in togetherness(“OGGATTINALLI  BALAVAITI” guroo) , and we burst into laughter.

And we took many photos of each other, later we finally in bus . Mr, iin and manty got seats  I and bhai  still got no seat…..10.50am around 

                     We reached the kbs finally at 11.20am , actually we get down near rajkumar circle,
Manty leading us,He was taking us via santosh theatre , I stopped him and told “ this way guys , it takes just fifteen minutes from here”.  I took them via vijaya café (rangamandir) near Annammatemple ,  while rushing to audi.  I showed the gym(BU) , I used to go when I was in second sem , they just did not care.
  
Yeah finally in jnanajyotiaudi. 11.35 am Bhai told” see like I said no one is here”, now its Mr. IIN “No hurry ,  don’t worry and the timings are just temporary!   I just get irritate,   “ let us go inside” Manty told.
                                                 As we were going , watchman stopped Manty  “ where are you going Youngman“?  He frozed and asked “G’day will be here,  right”?! .     “you guys late, it is already started , run “  he told .       I stared all of them and they just ran towards door , there someone asked “ which Branch “?  “Civil Engineering” we cried, he pointed that way. we  began to move that way.

                                                        OMG!  “It is a Black ocean” I thought. Auditorium almost full! We just trying to get seats for us , our pc walking towards us and told “ there you go you get civil guys”. I  asked him “ where are our ROBES”?.
 He stared us and told “ guys what is time now”? ,
Bhai told its 11.40 am.
“I meant  you guys are late, I gave two ours back . cant do anything now  and I need to go to college to bring those”, pc told.
  
                                We just went there where we could find our mates. I saw at the stage few lectures from different depts., I could recognize just two of them. No sign of our dept. lectures and Professors .
    
                                    
 Hosts of the day called  a girl I didn’t hear her name , she  went to stage and  started (cheers from their mates)

“ I don’t believe how four year went with you , my buddies” claps, cheers and whistles filled the audi. Later many speeches from different branch students , “ I may missed speech , from our dept. “ I thought.  Later one by one , its lectures.


         Hosts announce  Deepashenoi mam please.
                                      Mam began addressing the day and started “ dear students (cheers , whistles filled audi.) this 2014-15 batch had a wonderful placement than any other batches and she started giving statistics
“ Computer science dept. out of 120+,  100+ students were eligible  and 85+ are placed,” cheers  , claps and whistles . it was from far away from where I sat…
“ Electronics and communication dept. 85+ eligible 55+ students placed, (cheers from middle of audi.) and she  also announcing statics of Electrical and Mechanical depts..
          “Civil dept. out of 140+ odd students  100+ students are eligible in that just 8 got placed” I thought .  
Cheers from mechanical dept. I just came into reality.
  next  it is  Information science dept.  All 55 students got placed, yes 100% placements”, Huge cheers from dept.
My heart was pounding , may be for all civilians,
“Thank you  giving this statistics’  she addressed to students and that was the end of her speech, she not even mentioned civil dept. name!
                                                      “ Our department not even considered a part of  UVCE” I felt. That was obvious even after having 30+ odd  Ph.D   lectures out of that 10+ professors and just Eight got placed , not even 6%(3- ACC ; 2- Total envi. And 3-Brigade).

Principle came and he started  “ good to hear placement statistics”,
“Good morning my dear students” (cheers , whistles and claps filled audi. For a minute,.
‘tape recorder on ‘ started I thought)
“ Thirty six years back I was graduated from the same place (claps) now you students” ,
“ Not even  writing final exams you are graduating , that is the beauty of uvce , we laughed .
“From this place about 20 meters a great engineer Bharat ratnaVisvesvaraya started this college,
“10 meter from here  Nobel prize winner C.V. Raman from the same university of course he was a professor “.
“Bharat Ratna CNR rao  is also part of the university “,
“So you are very lucky to be a part of this, someone wants this 100 year old college to be moved to JB campus(civil dept. is here) , we should not allow that to happen”(whistles , claps again filled all over audi.)
“ you students are like Ekalavyaas and Sir M Visvesvaraya is your dronachaarya”, again whistles.
                                                I am  hearing  the same  since I was in first sem and it was  started from  the hostel day four years back. Same content addressing different events , like
“This Hostel Day”
“This Fiesta”
“This Milagro”
“This Civista”
“This Graduation Day”
Yes, The speech was over……,     12.10 pm.
Hosts again came to mike and they announced “Placement Co-ordinators”(pcs)of all branches please come to stage and receive “momentos”.
                                                                      After that Hosts told “ Civil engineering students get ready  to take momentos “.OMG! I told myself , I went to one of our pc and I asked about robes, He just shrugged .
                                                                                And they  another pc started calling names one by one , we four  still don’t have our robes. There were few , later she is going to call me.
    Eureka………!
                          I ran outside  straight to the Backstage , some of my mates coming towards me, 
“Would you like to give me your robes? For a minute ? I didn’t get my robes”,
Yes Ofcourse , sure . Akash told.
Then I rushed to audi.  
 “Got robes” ?Muruli asked.  I said yes..
                                           ***
“Mr.NageshPatil” she again announced ,please.  It broke my day dream,
I went to stage and received momento and turned to camera “flashlights”! I just moved forward and  went outside .
 When I came outside, “Would you like to give your momento for a moment”? we have shortage , someone asked. I knew him he’s junior pc ?!  I said “sure” 
and I gave robes back to Akash. I thought  atleast for a minute I was graduated!



Nagesh swamy asked me  “NageshPatil , why  you late today ?"

 I smiled and sang

 “ No hurry ,Don’t worry and Timings are Temporary”



Thank for visiting,

No comments:

Post a Comment